BATTLE YOUR DENTAL ANXIETY WITH SEDATION DENTISTRY!
Sedation Dentistry helps to battle your dental fears and makes you feel relaxed and comfortable during your dental proceedings. Patients are awake with sedation, except the ones who are undergoing anesthesia.
Types of Sedation Dentistry
Benefits of Sedation
Generally, people have a certain phobia in visiting dentists! The chief reason- the pain they have to bear during few dental processes! Thankfully, with sedation, you can now have safe, comfortable, and painless treatments, so that you can enjoy optimal oral health! The boons of sedation dentistry are encouraging even the most nervous patients to combat their fear and tensions. Their benefits are:
- Inhaled minimal sedation: You gotta breathe in nitrous oxide also called "laughing gas". Oxygen is infused with it through a mask and will be put over the nose. The gas lets you ease off totally. This sedation allows you to ride yourself home even after your dental process.
- Oral sedation: Oral sedation varies from minimal to moderate. It depends on the current dosage the dentist offers to the patients. In case of minimal sedation, the dentist gives you a pill about one hour before your dental procedure. The pill turns you drowsy, although you will be awake partially. The dentist provides a larger dose to generate moderate sedation. This specific kind of anesthesia is specifically associated with Sedation Dentistry. Patients feel dizzy and actually, fall asleep during their dental proceeding. Even though patients fall asleep, they can awaken with a little shake.
- IV moderate sedation: The dentist gives a sedative drug through your vein, which performs more quickly. Your dentist can adjust the level of sedation in this method.
- Deep sedation and general anesthesia: Your dentist will give you medications that will make you nearly or fully unconscious. In these types of sedation methods, you cannot wake up properly until the effect of the anesthesia vanishes.
1. Tension Relief
Sedation Dentistry gives relief from dental fear for tensed and nervous patients.
2. Anterograde Amnesia
In numerous cases, amnesia may not be the most pleasant result, but in sedation dentistry, it is much recommendable.
3. Lessening in Gag Reflex
A gag reflex is a pretty good thing. The throat should be capable of wiping out any intrusive, foreign body.
4. Pain Relief
We usually find that most people panic to see the dentist. But no one wishes to suffer from severe dental complications. Here, sedation dentistry comes into play, where the pain is easily tackled.
5. The Dentist Can Work Faster
If a patient is under the control of powerful sedatives or anesthetics, he/she won't be shouting in pain while the dentist provides the treatment.
How safe is it?
It’s totally safe. However, if you have obese or suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, you should consult your dentist before undergoing sedation.
If you reside in Conroe, TX, you can visit Grand Central Dentistry to get painless treatment with Sedation! We make sure you get the comfort and quality dental care that you’re looking for. We’re just a call away.